Sunday, July 6, 2008

The beautiful country of New Zealand...

Wow, it has been a while huh? I am soo so so sorry for not posting sooner. I first, would like to just say thank you to everyone who does comment or read this and begins to pray for this trip, because to be 100% honest with you, this country needs prayer. I have learned today on my first day at Victoria campus in Wellington, that it is a very spiritually dark place here. Don't get me wrong, the people here are sweet as (sweet as what you might ask? we actually don't know, but it's a saying they use here meaning, "man that's sweet!" they just say "sweet as" to leave you to fill in the blank--"sweet as sugar" hahaha), but their beliefs are all over the place. Many don't believe in God at all...

I have met so many sweethearts. We went to this Christian conference about an hour away from here for their national meeting, and it was sooo cool. We met people from the North and South island, the Soloman Islands, Fiji, and the USA who were all gathered to Praise God. At the conference, God rocked my heart. He just revealed things to me that I need to work on, and it was great. I have been really seeking the Lord to overcome my "Giants" or what holds me back, and those bonds are being broken each and everyday.

After the conference, we came to Wellington, where we will be staying for the rest of our trip. We went on a super fun scavanger hunt the other day, and church yesterday, and I am getting to know the city a bit more :) I will update more tomorrow, but my internet time is running out!!

Prayer Requests:
-That the hearts of the Kiwi people would really be opened.
-That our team would be willing to take bold steps of faith to reach the students.
-For team unity.
-For miracles to be revealed.
-For focus to remain on the Lord and only on the Lord.
-For LOVE to just pour from our hearts and actions and gestures...

i love you all!!!
God Bless!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Oh linds it is great to hear from you! It is good to hear that you got to NZ safely. I will continue to be praying for you and the entire team and that god will just open up lots of conversations for you guys. Always thinking about you. Miss you tons!

tif =] said...

=] glad to hear new zealand is as beautiful as it sounds!!

Mom1234 said...

Linz,

I just missed your call - call again.

Love,
Mom

abeadle123 said...

love you linz!!!! you & the trip are continually in my prayers!!! continue doing what your doing!!! miss you tons:)