Monday, July 7, 2008

More update and PICTURES! :)





So yesterday I told you a little bit about what else has been going on here, but I didn't get to go into detail really about what the Lord is doing in my heart. I have been learning what is true of Him and His character and just seeking His heart more and more with a passion to know Him. I know that He will never leave me, He will never hurt me, He will never break my heart or limit my dreams. He will never turn His back or stop listening or remove my compassion or love for others. He WILL love me and care for me as His child, and while I continue to pursue Him, I will learn more and more of what's true of Him, and He will continue to work in my heart and move me, mold me, change me, shape me, and challenge me. I will not let go of His hand, not ever, and He will never let go of my heart <3 learn more about their ways of life and their culture and their programs. We learned that it is a small caompus that is often disconnected from the rest of Wellington, so we are going to take that opportunity to get them plugged into something of truth. I have been having such a great time just building relationships here. Yesterday we were at a campus called Victoria, and I was with Allie (my discipler/leader/awesome friend) and we got to talking to these 2 girls and they were both interested in meeting up again later! So i think next monday we are going to meet up with them and talk about what they believe spirutally because neither of them know who Jesus is and both of them want to learn more! So that is super exciting :)

What else do I have to share with you? OH! I am on the encouragement team for our project, which is a good job for me. The theme for this trip is "flexibility is our friend" because it seems like we're kinda having to just go with the flow and keep an open mind to what we're doing here. So our team was getting a little frustrated when our schedule was falling through so last night me and the 2 other girls on the encouragement team made stress balls with balloons and flour for our entire team and gave them a card with the verse that says "This 'foolish' plan of God is far wiser than the wisest of human plans, and God's weakness is far stronger than the greatest of human strength." -1 Corinthians 1:25 I found that verse and thought it was PERFECT for the time.

I love it here, and I love running in the city. It is beautiful to run by the harbor with the boats and hills and valleys and buildings and lights. I can't wait to update you more about what the Lord is doing in this beautiful country, but get excited.

I love love love you all!

7 comments:

Emily said...

Linds your heart for the lord is just so encouraging. I know you are doing amazing things in NZ with god's guidance. I am so excited for you and just learning more about God and the amazing things he does. That job sounds amazing for you since you are such a great encourager! I love hearing about everything that the team is doing. But where are those pictures? I wish I could be running with you in NZ. Miss you tons. Give Allie my love and tell Josh & Josh hello from me!

Emily said...

there are the gorgeous pictures :)

tif =] said...

oh wow. miss LINDSAY lou. <3

i love your heart for the LORD. and the gorgeous pics.

love yah girly!! Keep on keeping on.

Brad said...

I don't know if my email worked, but I am very proud of you Linds. I hope you find what you are looking for - I am praying for you back in chicago.

Love you,
Brad

tif =] said...

so.. yesterday i took some time to just chill out, listen to some music and type up some quotes!! definitely a lindsay thing. =]

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL… When you let friends have their space. When you believe. When you laugh or are moved to tears. When you let it just roll right off your back. When you talk about your dreams. When you help a turtle across the road. When you try to do the right thing…even when it comes out wrong. You are beautiful when you LOVE. <3

You can’t control the LENGTH of your life. Just the DEPTH. =] KEEP LIVING IT!!

May we live like we were dying. With passion and purpose and mission and meaning… and with a little wild abandon. With no forgiveness withheld and no anger held within.

And may conviction keep you strong, guide you on your way.<3

Do not follow where the path may lead. GO instead where there is no path and leave a trail. –Ralph Waldo Emerson

LOVE YOU!!

tif =] said...

i just realize.. sister hazel was in crystal lake on the 6th! so we will have to make a pack and definitely go next year. thats a tradition. and we need to keep it up! =]

abeadle123 said...

i love reading these updates, lin!!! makes me so happy to hear youre doing so well!!! the pics are goregous & looks like you're having a great time!! so that you are continuing to figure out yourself and what you need with the Lord's help!!! love you soooo much, best friend!! praying for you always <3